Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I must-ache you a Question...

I apologize this is probably the most random post I have ever wrote. Not related to agriculture in any way shape or form.  It’s a topic of hot debate in our household.  The question is in the defense of facial hair – does your man have a mustache?   

A couple of weeks ago Wade left his shaving kit at my parent’s house.  So instead of going out and getting a little razor to use in the mean time -he decided to tuff it out, or scruff it out.  We have since rescued the shaving kit, yet the scruff remains; however, it is now trimmed and groomed.  I’m not sure how I feel about it. I am not complaining, and it is ultimately his decision.


Wade has pretty dark hair.  His “mustache” and surrounding facial hair is a mix of blond, and reddish brown. To be fair it is getting darker. There has been many a fine man own the mustache look – Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot, Burt Reynolds, Marty Robins, and even Alan Jackson.  My dad has a mustache, my uncles have mustaches, and Wade’s dad has a mustache.  So I can understand there is some mustache peer pressure…


                                                       Photo Courtsey of Google Images

But I have to know…facial hair – or no facial hair?  Love it or leave it?  What say you?


So until it reaches the point to be worthy to be listed among these great mustached men...or he decides to shave it off clean maybe I will just take photos of him from his best side. :) Just fooling!


18 comments:

  1. Well, this is funny cause, my hubby started his mustache at the beginning of the year, and I have tried to let him before, but just wasn't sure, so this time I let him go on with it. (He lets me say yay, or nay.)
    I still have times I wonder, cause he looks older with it, and when I see pics of him without, man he looks young! But, I'm still okay with it, and it's RED, and his hair is black, so it's too cute!!

    I remember way back before dating him he had a full beard, and it was red then, too. But, I wasn't liking the beard thing. ;)

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachel..facial hair ages you! I prefer a clean shaven face. My Hubs had a mustache for many years, when he shaved it off, he looked so much younger and he has not grown it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No facial hair... I really don't like it and find it turns kissing into a very unpleasant experience but that might just be me.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I had to click when I saw Tom Selleck (he's my grandma's boyfriend). My husband has an embarrassing soul patch. I'm on the "no" side, especially since my dad used to tickle/scratch the hell out of me with his!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year I dread "Movember" because of the inevitable beard followed by mustache. I can't stand either one on my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby has a big ole blonde 'stache. He started growing it right after we got married, and I haven't been able to talk him into shaving it off. It took him forever to grow it, and it has taken him till 30 years old to grow good facial hair. So he's pretty proud of it. I don't mind it too bad, and think he looks good with it. However, it defiantly ages a person! (My dad always had a mustache off and on also, so I'm used to it.)(
    He also tends to do crazy and wild things with it. In the winter he has the beard, which I don't like at all. Then he was growing the sides down past his chin. I finally got him to trim it up. I kept telling him he looked wild and unkept. Ha! Then we had the goatee for awhile. And now he finally just has the plain mustache. Hopefully he'll leave it be for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stache required! Others didn't even bother applying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The handsome man couldn't grow a mustache even if his life depended on it. Even after two weeks all we had was a couple inch long hairs and what amounted to a very dirty looking upper lip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to laugh at this!! My husband is just in love with beards and he LOVES growing his out! I don't appreciate it quite the same. When we are out and about, he will say, "Wow, look at the beard on that guy." He is always excited for winter when he says he grows his beard out to stay warm.

    Hmmmm. But he likes my short hair, so I can't say much! :)

    www.adamselinflannel.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh mustache yes, yes, so many times yes. Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot are to blame for it, giggle. I adore them both My hubby didn't have a mustache when we met. But every man I went out with had one, and kissing him always felt a little, well.... odd on my lip. He grew one way back then and he has had one ever since. Love it, love him ( with or without it) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I share your feelings for Tom and Sam. Glad to hear that worked out for you :)

      Delete
    2. Hugs and thank you for joining in the hop fun. xo

      Delete
  11. Mustache? Oh yes. I think it makes a man look rather dashing -- if it's groomed and thick. Fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for commenting! This was a fun post! Looks like Wade is gonna keep it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you made me laugh w/ the last shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. (did you know you have word verification enabled on your comments? just thought i'd mention it in case you'd consider removing it.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that last shot lol! I'm not a fan although my dad would look strange without his mustache. He's had it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it depends on the person. I've seen some pretty scary facial hair.

    My husband has a mustache, thank goodness too, since he would look about 14 without it and he is 38. He gotched one side up trimming a few years ago and wouldn't even shave it then he just kept it all goofy looking until that side grew back out. :)

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...