Every day may not be good...but there is something good in every day.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Ol Chuck Wagon Update! - Burritos

This is one of those recipes that I threw together, with what I had on hand.
It's not really a Mexican dish its sorta-xican.    I didn't know if it would be worth a darn, so I didn't photograph it in the making.  But I surprised myself!  I love it when that happens.

Here are the ingredients...
1/2lb. of hamburger - or more - We LOVE beef!!
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes - not just any can but a can of Fire Roasted Tex Style diced tomatoes - they were amazing!!! Found them at Wal-Mart - it's new!
1 can of Queso cheese
Burritos shells or Tortilla Chips
Diced Onions - as desired
1/2 tsp of minced garlic
You will need a large skillet

So fry the burger, garlic (salt and pepper as desired), and onions together.  Drain and set aside.  Saute the corn in the same skillet as the beef - do this until the corn starts getting a little brown - almost like its grilled.  Drain black beans from the juices in the can.  Add beans, tomatoes, and ground beef.  Let it simmer. It will be really pretty at this point. Lots of color!
Mix in the can of queso cheese (as little or as much as you like) until bubbly - it will take on a texture of a dip.

This can be then wrapped in burrito shell or it's great with chips!  I just didn't have any in the pantry!

It was really good!! I liked that it still had a taco Mexican flavor with out the salty seasoning.  It made plenty for Wade and I and now we have leftovers.
Now I am not a food photographer -  So I apologize for the quality of the image.   Have a great weekend!!!


Be sure to check Ol' Chuck Wagon Page for more great recipes that are 
Kitchen Tested - Meat and Tater Boy approved! 

P.S. mosey on over to the Facebook fan page Circle the Wagons and check us out!  Lots of fun up to date articles and more randomness if you just can't get enough :)

Linking up with Two Maids A Milking!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I need to get on the ball and actually try some of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried your burritos recipe and we LOVED it! Thanks for sharing this! Looking forward to try more of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know!! Glad it was a hit! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...