I started 2013 with a list of lofty goals of things to do and accomplish. 2013 ended up being less than stellar for us. We lost a very dear person and we lost the little farm. I am guilty of having the world’s biggest pity party the entire month of December.
Why so down?
However, we did make new friends and find a new place to live. There are things to be grateful for. This year I want to focus on a different set of goals – not focus so much on the doing of things but the attitude we conduct ourselves in.
1) Look at the glass half full instead of half empty
2) Think before I speak. Sometimes tis best to hold thy tongue...
3) Learn to roll with the punches
4) Let go of the bad things and hold on to the good.
5) Quit making mountains out of mole hills
6) Make the decision to have a good day. I WILL.....
7) Accept that you cannot change everything....but you can change something's.
8) Smile at people – from those you bump into at a store to those you pass for a fleeting moment.
9) When sitting among strangers – strike up a conversation
10) Do random acts of kindness – be it a kind word, action or deed.
11) Be the good and see the good everyday.
12) Start the day with a prayer on your lips and a song in your heart.
13) Just keep going….keep moving forward.
Here’s to a better 2014! What are your goals and resolutions?